06 December 2009

Pic a Day -- Day 5


December 5, 2009
Originally uploaded by Khonsus
Okay so I thought I would be caught up and then it got late last night so I never made this post. Well here I am making a bit of a late post again. Hey at least I'm managing to take a pic a day. :)

So yesterday was our first snow fall of the year. I wanted to take a picture of the snow, but it wasn't laying very prettily on the ground and the shots I did take of the snow falling didn't look very appealing to me. They were dark and rather dreary, so I figured why not fiddle with my macro again and settled on taking a few close up pictures of tree branches covered in snow.

This photo is one of those bushes. Why I chose to take a picture of snow upon a pine tree is well for one the green makes the white stand out more. I also chose this photo because I like how clearly the pine tree limbs came out and I like the way the snow looks like it's piling on the branches.

Snow isn't my favorite thing. I rather dislike it. I don't like being cold, and I'd rather have rain. It is however very pretty and as long as it doesn't accumulate on roads and the temps don't drop to freezing I'm fairly okay with it.

I've always admired the way snow is so crystal white and love to see it when it sparkles in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment